Giving You the Proper Health Care Services You Deserve
We Are an LGBT-Friendly Primary Care Services Provider
No longer will you have to worry about medical service access discrimination. Tom Saglimbeni, DNP is here to provide health care services for everyone. We specialize in helping the LGBT community members in New York, New York, particularly with their sexual health needs.
Our LGBT-friendly doctor offers our clients a patient-centered, one-on-one, and uninterrupted medical care to meet all their needs.
In addition to our regular office hours, our practice has after-hours coverage 24 hours a day/7 days a week. After hours, call the office to reach the answering service at 212-620-0144.
A provider is on call each night and all weekend. The provider will be paged and return your call. If you do not hear from a provider within 30 minutes of contacting the on-call service, please call back to make sure the message was sent. For emergencies that require immediate care, please call 911.
You can also direct non-emergency questions through the Healow patient portal. They will be answered with 1-2 business days.
Preparing for Your Appointment
- Make a list of your health questions. Ask a friend or relative for help if you need it. Put the problems that are most important to you at the top of the list. Be prepared to schedule a second visit to address other issues.
- Make a list of other health care providers you have visited. Write down their names, addresses, phone numbers, and the reasons you visited them.
During Your Visit
- Use your own words to repeat back the things you've discussed with your provider. This way, both you and your provider will know the information given to you is clear.
- Ask how to reach the providers in the office after hours if needed.
- Before you leave the office, be sure you know the things you need to work on before your next appointment; and be sure to schedule your next appointment before you leave.
Communication With the Practice
- The best way to communicate with Tom Saglimbeni, DNP outside of appointments is through the Healow App. You can follow a link to sign up on this website. Messages should be answered within 1 business day.
- Healow is the portal application that is directly linked to your medical record. This is the best way to look at lab results, request refills, request or self-schedule appointments, and contact the office staff.
- Messages sent after hours should be answered before the end of the next business day.
- Self-scheduling for existing patients is available through the Healow App. Select "Find Appointment" and make sure to select "Yes" under the question "Have you been seen at this location before?" This will show all existing patient time slots that are available. If your insurance has changed since your last visit, please update that information when booking the appointment.
- Please do not send multiple portal messages or questions before the first is answered.
- Please schedule an appointment for new symptoms or concerns as the messaging system is not sufficient to allow proper evaluation of the situation
- 1199 NATIONAL BENEFIT FUND
- AETNA HMO & PPO (NO NYC COMMUNITY, PREMIER CARE NETWORK, AND SAVINGS PLUSPLANS)
- ANTHEM BLUECROSS/BLUESHIELD PPO ONLY
- BLUECROSS/BLUESHIELD FEDERAL PPO
- BLUECROSS/BLUESHIELD MEDICARE
- CIGNA HEALTHCARE HMO & PPO
- EMBLEMHEALTH COMMERCIAL PPO
- EMPIRE BLUECROSS/BLUESHIELD HMO, EPO & PPO (EXCEPT PREFERRED NETWORK, BLUE PRIORITY, AND OMNIA PLANS)
- HORIZON BLUECROSS/BLUESHIELD PPO ONLY
- HUMANA MEDICARE ADVANTAGE
- GHI CBP (NO GHI HIP)
- GREAT WEST HEALTHCARE (Cigna Network)
- GUARDIAN HEALTHCARE (Multiplan/PHCS Network)
- GOLDEN RULE (Affiliated With UnitedHealthcare)
- MULTIPLAN/PHCS NETWORK
- NEW YORK STATE EMPIRE PLAN (Affiliated With UnitedHealthcare)
- OXFORD FREEDOM & LIBERTY (NO OXFORD METRO PLANS)
- UMR (Affiliated With UnitedHealthcare)
- UNITEDHEALTHCARE HMO & PPO – (EXCEPT UNITED MCR ADVANTAGE, UHC COMMUNITY AND UNITED COMPASS)
*If you are purchasing insurance via ACA exchange, we are only part of: Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Pathway
*If you do not see your insurance plan on this list, please feel free to contact us at (212) 620-0144. We can assist in verifying if we do accept your plan or contact your insurance directly.